Events across this week
Saturday 12 November
Sunderland Concert of Remembrance
- Concert begins at 7.00pm.
- headlined by the Royal Signals Northern Band and once again will see performance from The Band and Bugles of Durham Army Cadet Force.
- Tickets are priced at £6.00 and are available from Sun FM reception.
Sunday 13 November
Sunderland Remberance Parade this Sunday 10.35am
- Hundreds of service personnel are joining the Lord Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear, the Mayor of
Sunderland and veterans for this year's Sunderland Remembrance Parade and Service
- Road closures are in place from 9.30am - with access to Civic Car Park from Park Lane only after this point.
Listen again to our special Armistice day and Remembrance Sunday programme that was aired this year, featuring recently conducted interviews with Veterans.
Sunderland will fall silent for 2 minutes as our city marks Armistice Day this Friday.
At 11am on the 11 day of the 11th month - the guns fell silent, when Allied Forces declared an end to fighting with Nazi-Germany at the end of the first world war.
We've been reflecting on those who gave their lives for freedom during the great war, with events across Wearside, such as at the cenotaph on Burdon Road and at the North East Land and Sea and Air Museum in Washington.